Rolyan Aquaplast Splinting Material is great for a wide range of supportive needs with 100 percent memory that allows clinicians to form the perfect-fitting splint.
The versatile thermoplastic sheets “remember” their original shape when reheated and return to it after reshaping for splint revisions. Aquaplast fits the patient’s lifestyle and increases patient confidence.
The moderate drape of Aquaplast means the material conforms to the affected area with minimal force and only moderate pressure is needed for a controlled stretch. A temporary bond can be created by pinching together the heated material, however, it will come apart when cooled. To form a permanent bond, scrub off or remove the coating with a bond solvent.
When heated, the material turns translucent and the smooth splinting thermoplastic leaves no unwanted fingerprints or markings. The rigidity of 59.2 kpsi* means the hardened splint retains its shape without reinforcement.
- Splinting materials are intended to be used to fabricate custom-molded rigid splints, orthoses, and adaptive equipment.
- Thumb spica splints
- Finger splints
- Hand splints
- Wrist splints
- Elbow splints
- Dynamic splints
- Foot drop splints
- 100% memory allows the material to be reshaped and reheated
- Non-toxic, latex-free, and radiolucent
- Conforms to the affected area with minimal force
- Leaves no unwanted fingerprints or markings.
- Hot water in a splint bath is recommended for heating splinting materials.
- Only use a heat gun for spot-heating and adjustments.
- Overheating splinting materials increases the draping/stretching characteristics; allow the material to cool slightly before handling to avoid excess stretching.
- Approximate Heating Time: 1min
- Water Temperature Celsius: 70° - 75°
- Working Time: 2 to 3 min
Care & Cleaning:
- Store at temperatures between 4° and 32°C and less than 65 percent relative humidity. Avoid prolonged exposure to light, especially ultraviolet. Avoid exposure to corrosive and ethylene oxide fumes.
- Formed splints will lose their shape in temperatures over 135°F(57°C) and should be kept away from sources of heat such as ovens, hot water, and car windows.
- Clean the splint with soap and lukewarm water. Allow the splint and straps to dry thoroughly before reapplication.
Nappi Code: None