Thera Putty is a non-toxic exercise putty that is specially formulated in five progressive resistance levels for hand and wrist therapy.
CanDo TheraPutty Exercise Putty is the standard in resistive hand exercise material. TheraPutty is the name trusted by more doctors, therapists, hospitals and clinics than any other to strengthen hand muscles and grip, improve fine motor skills and decrease stress. With each squeeze, pinch, stretch, grip and/or twist, TheraPutty puts you on the path to healthier hands and fingers, improves fine motor skills and decreases stress. Each of the five colour-coded putties features industry-standard resistances, with a progressive firmness ranging from xx-soft to firm. The convenient size and easy-to-open containers enable users to complement the work done at the clinic or hospital, allowing strength and mobility progress to continue at home.
- Great for developing grip strength and finger dexterity
- Colour-coded to indicate the different strength consistencies.
- Gluten, latex and casein-free.
- Available in convenient easy-to-open plastic containers for individual patients to use at home.
- Non-toxic if swallowed
- Does not dry
Standard Hand Exercises:
- Hand Flexion: Place putty in the palm at the base of the fingers. Squeeze with your fingers into the putty like you are making a fist. Release fingers, reshape putty and repeat the process.
- Finger Extension: Roll putty into the cylinder and wrap putty around a bent finger. Hold the putty with the other hand and try extending the bent finger. The degree of resistance is controlled by the thickness of the putty held over the fingertip.
- Finger Scissor: Roll Therapy Putty into a ball shape. Place between two fingers and squeeze them together in a scissor-like motion. Reshape putty and repeat.
- Finger Grip: Make a hook with fingertips and place the putty ball between fingertips and palm. Press fingertips into putty.
- Finger Spread: Form putty into a pancake shape. Place on table or mould over fingertips while fingers are bunched together. Try to spread your fingers apart.
- Finger Pinch: Roll putty into a ball shape. Pinch between the thumb and fingertips. This exercise can also be performed with the thumb and each finger separately. Reshape putty and repeat.
- Thumb Press: Roll putty into a ball and place it in the palm of your hand. Press your thumb into the putty towards the small finger. Reshape putty and repeat.
- Thumb Extension: Wrap putty around the tip of the thumb while it is bent. Hold the loose ends and try to straighten (extend) your thumb.
- Thumb Pinch: Make a fist and put the ball of putty between your thumb and index finger. Pinch putty with thumb towards inside of index finger.
- Thumb Adduction: With the hand opened, press the putty with your thumb against your index finger. Reshape the putty and repeat the exercise.
- Scissor Spread: Wrap CanDo Therapy Putty around the tops of two fingers while they are together. Spread fingers apart.
Five resistance levels available to customize a therapy program:
- Tan (Extra Soft)
- Yellow (Soft)
- Red (Medium Soft)
- Green (Medium)
- Blue (Firm)
Nappi Code: None