Treatment using the Thera Trainer Balo is a fantastic way for people to exercise their upper body and pelvis muscles whilst testing and strengthening balance muscles. The Thera Trainer Balo protects the patient from the risk of falling so repetitive exercises can be performed with confidence. The Thera Trainer Balo also facilities standing exercises for patients that are currently not mobile.
Practicing and improving balance is important to boost overall confidence and reduce the risk of falling in day-to-day life. For some people, especially those with neurological conditions, falls can frequently happen because of balance issues, and for others, even the fear of falling from unsteadiness can have a significant impact on their quality of life.
It can be used to secure feet, legs, and pelvis in almost any position individually or together, depending on the training goal. This means that the Thera Trainer Balo can also be ideally adjusted to the different needs of severely and severely affected people (including coma patients) who cannot stand on their own.
The Thera Trainer balance unit is equipped with a spring element whose resistance can be adjusted in several stages to the patient or the therapy goal. The range of motion (the balance deflection) can be set to 0 degrees, 6 degrees, or 11 degrees.
The Thera Trainer balo model has a knee pad set for lateral and front securing of the legs. The pads can be used individually depending on the user's abilities and therapy goal. Of course, the height-adjustable pads are softly padded and individually adjustable in distance and depth.
The same applies to the pelvic pad set. This pad set consists of individual cushions, the distance and depth of which can be adjusted in such a way that the user has optimal "contact" with the training device during dynamic training. Safety bolts for the pelvic pad set ensure twice the safety during training. For example, an individually adjustable upper body pad is available for patients in a vegetative state.
According to the dose-effect principle, training equipment is particularly effective if it is used as often as possible. The Thera Trainer Balo is equipped with an electric upright system so that severely affected persons or wheelchair users can also use the Balo on a daily basis.
The electric upright system was developed to get into the trainer without great effort. A belt is placed on the user in the wheelchair and connected to the electrical lifting system. Now the engine can be started with the remote control and the user is gently raised into the THERA-Trainer balo.
Who can use the Balo:
With this trainer, those affected with little or no trunk stability can train sustainably and safely. Training in an upright position facilitates breathing, stabilizes circulation, and stimulates metabolism. Balance and core stability/strength are fundamental to movement and a person’s ability to perform tasks so this is one of the key areas to work on for patients that have suffered from a stroke, or head or spinal injury. The Balo is also suitable for people with neurological illnesses such as Parkinsons' disease or Multiple sclerosis (MS).
Balance training restores confidence and reduces the risk of falling, for people recovering from illness or injury the risk of falling can have a massive impact on how they live their life. Balance training can help restore independence and the ability to conduct daily activities.
Therapy with the Thera Trainer Balo is also suitable for people that need regular standing exercise. The well-documented effects of sitting or lying down for extended periods of time are combatted with standing. Standing with the Thera Trainer Balo has a wide range of benefits from strengthening muscles, to improving flexibility and increasing exercise tolerance. Regular standing can also help improve blood pressure and circulation.
- Improve balance
- Improve range of movement
- Reduce fall risk
- Increase confidence
- Exercise & strengthen muscles
- Motivating Software
- Direct selection of suitable therapy tasks and quick adjustment of all training parameters.
- Combined movement exercises (forward/backward - left/right) to improve movement precision.
- Clear documentation and evaluation of all important training parameters.
- Targeted training of action and reaction speed.
- Dynamic or Static Standing
- The forefoot and heel quick-release fasteners, which can be flexibly positioned on the tread, are extremely practical.
- Knee & Pelvis Protection
- Electric Upright System
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 118 cm x 78 cm x 95 - 125 cm (if a mobile holder for control and display unit is used, additional: 77 cm x 70 cm x 130-158 cm)
- Weight: approx. 77 kg (if mobile holder incl. control and display unit used, additional approx. 39 kg)
- Ambient conditions when in use:
- Temperature: 5 °C to 40 °C
- Relative humidity: 5 % to 93 % Rh
- Air pressure: 700 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Sound emission: LpA < 45 dB (A)
- Technical details of the electric lift system:
- Power supply: 230 V~, 50/60 Hz
- Fuse protection: 2 x 2A slow-acting
- Protection class: II
- Degree of protection: Type BF
- Protection category: IP2X
- Medical devices in accordance with Article 1 (2a) of EC Directive 93/42/EEC
- Medical device class: I
- CE marking: CE
- Patient weight: max. 140 kg
- Patient height balance unit: 150 - 200 cm
Nappi Code: None
This unit comes with a 10-year warranty from the date of purchase, this warranty is only applicable to the unit and does not cover any of the accessories.